• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Texas Turkey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sooner

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I will be heading to south Texas for turkeys in the morning . I will post pics if I am successful. Tom :grin:

No fair!! Season doesn't start for a couple weeks for me!

Good luck, can't wait to see pics of the trip! :thumbsup:

I recently got back from a hog hunt in central Texas. I saw and heard hundreds of turkeys. They were even gobbling at night!

Had long beards inside of 30 yards many times, while I waited for pigs to come by.

Good luck!

Good luck to you.

My last turkey hunt would be better described as a "Deer look".

There were lots of turkey signs and I could hear them making noise early in the morning.
Never saw one to get a shot at though.

I did see deer.
In fact, as I was sitting on the folding john taking my morning constitutional, a group of 3 of them had the audacity to walk within 15 feet of me.
They stopped moving, took a good look at me and then slowly walked off into the brush.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that one of them said to the others, "Well. I guess that answers the question, "Do people poop in the woods?" while the others were laughing about the frustrated look on my face.

:rotf:

Dont give up Mr Z! I have got pretty good at calling and would take you to a few prime spots up here if yer drawn. Course the deer n elk will be everywhere even if we dont see turkeys. If that happens come back up in Elk season and we will see some NICE Toms just struttin by!

Looks like my elk tag aint happenin this year :shake:

:grin: I had great trip to Uvalde county Texas .Birds were still with hens ,but my friend Sid and I managed to kill two Toms .I am holding my northwest trade gun built by Mark Campbell (Elk Killer ). I shoot a square load of 70 grains .

"I shoot a square load of 70 grains"

How does one put a square load into a round barrel?

It's not easy ,just kidding , that just means 70 grains of powder and 70 grains of shot .Hope this clears things up . Tom

Nicely done Tom, congratulations! :bow: That photo was obviously was taken immediately after the shot because I can see smoke still coming out of the end of the barrel. Keep yer powder dry.....robin :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Skychief said:
" I will post pictures if I'm successful". :hmm:

No, no, no. You WILL be successful and WILL post pictures! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Best of luck, Skychief

Told ya so Sooner :haha:

Great bird, congratulations, Skychief :thumbsup:

Back