• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thanksgiving appetizer "SHOT"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjf

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings to all, Had a great Thanksgiving hope you all did.Went squirrel hunting today with a revived T/C 32 cal. Cherokee that I havent shot for twenty plus years.
Was on this site a week or so ago and decided to dig the rifle out of the back of the closet and see how well I could shoot three shot groups standing at 25 yards.Worked out a decent load of 25 grains of pyrodex RS with cci no. 11 caps ,Hornady .315 round ball and T/C presoaked .18 pillow ticking.After the fifth grouping of shots was wanting to do something different so I started to shoot at some soft stumps out to 40 yards. While cleaning the fouling out of the muzzleloader I heard a red squrrel barking on top of the hill, so up the hill I went and took it out of a fork in a tree at about fourty yards with one shot.Nailed it right in the neck ,was aimming for the head :shake: , at the angle it was taken at I ruined the meat of the upper part.Was a good size red squirrel though and there was still a fair amount of meat left so in the frying pan it went with some oliveoil ,butter,frying magic and seasoning salt.Took it to Thanksgiving dinner and it only lasted seconds.Everyone said next time get the bag limit of six so I guess it was pretty good :grin:.

The T/C Cherokee is bad medicine, if you are a squirrel that is... Squirrel drumsticks for Thanksgiving, mmmmmmm-mmm good. :haha:

Keep the squirrels thinned down. :thumbsup:Those TC 32 are GREAT!

Either you have a wash tub full of squirrels, or you have a mighty small appetite...

Back