• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The divorce....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...absolute came through last weekend. Bess is now anothers!
I guess a lustful fling never lasts.
I soon turned bitter what with her greedy spirit all the while. 1&1/2oz+ loads and a 100grains here and a 100grains there.
Not to worry I have my .63 faux trade gun. Now she is frugal. She will thrill with less than an oz or near match greedy Bess!
In fact a pre measured 1&1/2oz of #5 for Bess was dropped on a mere 65gn charge and produced a fine rabbit.
What more needs be said.
20201217_130202.jpg

The next loading was an experiment and I guess from a hunting angle a complete flop!
I was sick of seeing these .30 bullets lying around so wondered what if......
20201217_093607.jpg

Six or eight, made no difference they were wild so gave up on the idea and moved on.
It wasn't long before I found a little parcel of pheasants in a thicket and the .63 sent 1oz towards the head and neck of a rooster. Well...that's not quite true. I had overlooked dressing an already dull flint from the previous shot but fortunately the flint worked second time!
20201217_130329.jpg

All in all a good frosty morning hunt for groceries ( still have them useless bullets 🤦‍♂️). Oh and before any old grumpy individual/s complain/s about my style of hunting on this overcrowded, overrated dumb island, I don't care!
Good day.

You seem to do a whole lot more hunting on your overcrowded, overrated dumb island than I can here where I live in Arizona. Pheasants are extremely rare here and controlled by seasons and limits. Rabbits aren't too heavily populated here either. So blast away and be happy.

I soon turned bitter what with her greedy spirit all the while. 1&1/2oz+ loads and a 100grains here and a 100grains there.
Not to worry I have my .63 faux trade gun. Now she is frugal. She will thrill with less than an oz or near match greedy Bess!
In fact a pre measured 1&1/2oz of #5 for Bess was dropped on a mere 65gn charge and produced a fine rabbit.
What more needs be said.
View attachment 54615
The next loading was an experiment and I guess from a hunting angle a complete flop!
View attachment 54616
Six or eight, made no difference they were wild so gave up on the idea and moved on.
It wasn't long before I found a little parcel of pheasants in a thicket and the .63 sent 1oz towards the head and neck of a rooster. Well...that's not quite true. I had overlooked dressing an already dull flint from the previous shot but fortunately the flint worked second time!
View attachment 54618
All in all a good frosty morning hunt for groceries ( still have them useless bullets 🤦‍♂️). Oh and before any old grumpy individual/s complain/s about my style of hunting on this overcrowded, overrated dumb island, I don't care!
Good day.
Looks like your puppy is happy to out and about...

What more needs be said.
View attachment 54615
View attachment 54616
View attachment 54618
Good day.
Can you run ball? pour you some frontier shot via holes in an old spoon

Can you run ball? pour you some frontier shot via holes in an old spoon
I'm a little overweight to run ball friend "n then there's the gout!

No apparently not! The law describes loaded centerfire shotgun ammunition with single projectiles as restricted ammunition that can not be used via a shotgun held on a shotgun licence.
Now apparently just because the legislature forgot to include muzzleloaders " I cant just go and please myself" 🤔

I forgot to add that all loads yesterday were a skychief load.
I bought a bag of 20g wads years ago before I knew better, well, I did know better but still bought the useless things🤦‍♂️. Anyway, due to our friend skychief I soak them in olive oil and sure enough they work. Nice even patterns. The rabbits ears were peppered like the top of a pepper pot at 20yds.

How could you so cruelly use Bessie, then toss her aside? You monster! I wouldn't dream of sending my Bess packing. Once I had Bess I knew I'd never be satisfied with less. 😄

Back