• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The excitement builds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoochiepapa

75 Cal.
Reaction score
My deer season starts tomorrow, and I'm ready. I have shot my longrifle and my fowling piece enough that I am confident I can kill a deer.
I missed the deadline for the draw, but I got a left-over buck license for my area, and I think I'm gonna carry my smoothbore.
It's just exciting to know that I'll be in the woods, prowling around in very familiar territory, and I have whole week to myself. I've got the camper loaded, all my gear is in the truck, all I need now is getting the food and tp. :haha: I'm not going up until Monday because there's a bike race up there, and I don't want to be around all that.
I used to be chomping at the bit as soon as the seasons were announced, but I think I've matured enough to be more calm :shocked2: . I took my cousin up to where I hunt, and we were about 40 yards from a moose. She took a picture with her phone, it came out real good, she emailed it to me, but I don't know how to transfer it here so you guys can see. When I figure that out, you'll see.

I have to wait for Nov.12th myself, muzzleloader only from Nov.12 to the 16th, then gun season starts. Nov.17 to Jan.31. :thumbsup:

Best of luck Mike! :thumbsup: Let us know how ya make out.
Like Hanshi, I have to wait till November for opening season :(

Back