• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The "Fowler" it is.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I've decided that this year's deer season will find me toting my fowling piece.

This evening, I threw a deer load down her muzzle and waddled out back where I found an unsuspecting gong. It was the size of a deer's lungs and 60 yards away.

Once the smoke cleared and the ringing stopped, said gong showed a solid strike. :thumbsup:

Back home, I swabbed her down and told her to be ready for Saturday, as she would be called upon for a venison run. :haha:

Thank you to Spence and others here for the inspiration. I've not looked forward to firearms season so much in years!

Good luck guys, Skychief :hatsoff:

Skychief said:
I've not looked forward to firearms season so much in years!
One of the best attributes of the smoothbores. And after you take your first deer with it, it will become as strong as The Force. :grin:

Good luck, looking forward to the tale.

Spence

Spikebuck said:
George said:
And after you take your first deer with it, it will become as strong as The Force. :grin:
Spence

Which side? :wink: :grin:

Skychief....good luck!

Its a traditional gun so that says it all! The dark side is for those "other" guns!
:haha:

George said:
One of the best attributes of the smoothbores. And after you take your first deer with it, it will become as strong as The Force. :grin:

Good luck, looking forward to the tale.

Spence
Amen to Spence's comments here. He's good folks and I'm in his debt for confirming some of my own ideas adn his marvelous writng skills to make me nod and smile.

Having spread the Velveeta there...let me say I wish you the very best good fortune in your hunt this fall. I may have to pass this year and it's killing me but other things enter the equation adn it's just one of them things. Found myself so drawn to the fowlere, it's all I ever use any more.

Fwiw,

I knew a fellow from AL who had collected over 50 WT & countless hogs with a replica Bess.
(Wishing I was him, as he spends little at the meat market.)

"Duckie" & I spent a week with his clan a few years ago & we had venison and/or feral pork 2X nearly every day.
(His wife, Donna, has made biscuits & potatoes 2X a day for over 3 decades. = That's a LOT of cathead biscuits & spuds.)

yours, satx

pab1 said:
Spikebuck said:
George said:
And after you take your first deer with it, it will become as strong as The Force. :grin:
Spence

Which side? :wink: :grin:

Skychief....good luck!

Its a traditional gun so that says it all! The dark side is for those "other" guns!
:haha:

I thought since we were shooting black powder WE were the Dark Side!! :grin:

Back