• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The kindness of my Brother...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
saw it fit for me to have this. You see he is ill and I guess he wanted a piece of him to carry on with me. And it shall. A Lyman New Model Navy .36. Thank you my Brother. I remember him shooting it in the late 60,s I believe. And a nice flask from the same time period. Just wanted to share......
20220210_154102.jpg
20220210_154102.jpg

Attachments

• 20220210_154020_Burst01.jpg
    20220210_154020_Burst01.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 38
I am sorry to hear about your brother. My eldest brother, by 16 years, gave me the same gun back in ‘83. He lived in Oklahoma at the time. He saw it at a gun show with the box and paperwork. It has always been one of my favorite shooters. And now that he has passed, it makes me feel like he is there with me at the range when I shoot it.

Funny thing is I remember him shooting this on his farm upstate ny. I had to be 9 or 10 at the time. Puts it around 1969-1970 I think. The tin of caps has a navy arms logo on it....the piece itself has all the Italian proofs plus xxx stamped on it between the proof marks. It has what appears to be a D C G in a circle under the barrel. Some of you would know better as to the year then I would. Of course any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Sympathy for the loss of your brother. He took care of you with the pistol. I too lost my brother and hunting and fishing buddy since I could walk, this year. It will
Leave a hole that will never be filled.
God Bless
3 trees

Sorry to hear of your (future) loss.

Reminds me of what the old-timers said when I was just a young pup "A lifetime really isn't very long." Didn't mean anything to me back then - funny how true it seems now.

I think it really hits us when suddenly we become the family Elder, "what the hell happened " ?

Scott, an excellent gift for the remembering of your brother. I've suffered loss also and remembrance items are important to me. The revolver is a wonderful gift you will have for a long time.

Back