• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The never ending quest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinghewitt

62 Cal.
Reaction score
20 minutes looking for a list of screw thread pitches, I spend most of my life looking for things.

When I found them I determined to pin a Xerox copy to the wall, but when I went to pin there was something in the way...

A list of screw thread pitches from last time I couldn't find them :rolleyes:

:crackup:

Reminds me of the time I was looking all over the kitchen for the bottle of ketchup. Turns out, I had gotten it out of the fridge, got distracted, then forgot I was holding it!

:redface:

Can't be as bad as fuming about 'Not finding my glasses'.....only to realize I'm wearing them!

Talk about losing your marbles..... :shake:

heard an ole saw about gettin' older...
3 things that start going when one gets to middle age.
Yer eyes, hearing and....I ferget what the other one was... :hmm:

Keep yer powder dry,

D.

Spent five minutes looking for my car keys, only to find them intwined in my left hand along with my hat and cell phone. :redface:

:crackup: Reminds me of the time I was looking all over the kitchen for the bottle of ketchup. Turns out, I had gotten it out of the fridge, got distracted, then forgot I was holding it! :redface:

Can't be as bad as fuming about 'Not finding my glasses'.....only to realize I'm wearing them!

Do any of you guys remember why I came in here?

Spent five minutes looking for my car keys, only to find them intwined in my left hand along with my hat and cell phone.

boy you guys really do git distracted :crackup: ....huh ok what was i writing bout now :hmm:....oh well................bob

:crackup: Reminds me of the time I was looking all over the kitchen for the bottle of ketchup. Turns out, I had gotten it out of the fridge, got distracted, then forgot I was holding it! :redface:

Do any of you guys remember why I came in here?

Spent five minutes looking for my car keys, only to find them intwined in my left hand along with my hat and cell phone.

boy you guys really do git distracted :crackup: ....huh ok what was i writing bout now :hmm:....oh well................bob

And the scary part is that we all have guns and shoot them...

But at least I know where my screw thread pitch chart is... :winking: :crackup:

It's not too bad loosing your car keys. It's when you find them and forget what they're used for :youcrazy:

I know I'm going nuts!
Last week I came home from work walked into the house, the place was dark as a cave. I started ranting about the wife using 60 watt bulbs when I use 100s. I noticed my 19 year old son just shaking his head, then he said "Dad you still have your sun glasses on!"
In my defense this was the first time we've had enough sun to need sun glasses since last fall, I just forgot I had put them on.
Anyway I know I'm never going to hear the end of it.

Regards, Dave

I've learned that the days of putting things on top of my vehicle are over.
The last time I trusted myself to do that..I drove about 4 miles from the gun range with my scoped .44mag S&W on top of my car. I was cruisin along about 65 and a kinda sick feelin came over me..I looked over at the front seat and didn't see my revolver and for some unknown reason eased off the hwy very carefully and reached out the window to feel on the roof and there it was.
Many times since then I've laid a gun, bow or whatever up there..and promised myself I wouldn't forget..then said to myself.."Don't do it"..and I just don't.

Hoyt,

I don't often have that problem unless I am sleep deprived, but I came up with a solution. Put your car key with the item when you put it up there. If you forget to bring it down, you forgot your keys too. Can't get too far without keys!

Well I know I don't missplace things. and I don't forget where I put my stuff. And I never forget where I put my car keys. It's my wife and kids that do it. :crackup:
Well I have to blame someone.
Hey hunny where you put my keys_.......Never mind :rolleyes:
Lehigh..

I spent 20 minutes trying to jimmy the back sliding glass window on my truck after locking the keys in it. Suddenly a guys walks up to me, reaches in the passenger side window and hits the automatic door locks for me. He never said a word, just kept walking. I forgot I had opened it to give the nice man at the dump my 5 dollars!

Pork Chop..Thanks for the key tip..now I can put things on top of my vehicle again. I read in the paper where a guy walked out of his house with his kid in the car seat and set the kid on top of his vehicle...got in and drove off. Luckily someone saw him and waved him down before the kid fell off.

Hoyt: I feel for ya. One time I was hunting some high country in Colorado, stopped to look over an area, & the first thing I saw after I got out was my engraved FN rifle on the top of the car. Next time I did this was about 20 years later, when I left a 1777 Charleville on top of the van after a reenactment event. Went about 30 miles, stopped at an old town square, & my wife asked what was in the canvas cover on the car. Since I don't seem to learn, I'm waitin' to see what rifle I leave on top of the car next. And hence..."Forgetful"

Latest posts

Back