• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Rifle Shoppe parts sets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Col. Batguano

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Thinking about something arcane, like a wheel lock or their grenade launcher from there. Anyone here have any experience with their parts sets? How slow are they at getting things to you?

Col. Batguano said:
How slow are they at getting things to you?

A while back I order a couple sets of lock casting. When I paced the order I was told the waxes were going to the foundry the following month. That order has been in for going on 2 years now.

Well, let's see...

Forgetting the timeframe which is months to many, many, years... One of two kits I bought had two wrong parts and the right ones had to be made by another gunsmith for me. The wood was also oil-soak stained and had to be bleached. The second kit was missing the breechplug, the stock had been roughed by someone who never handled wood and needed fiberglass reinforcement and, and the mainspring is so heavy it needed to be cut in half and still takes a hand, not a finger, to cock.

You have to be friggin' desperate to order kits from them...

I've only ordered one thing from them, but I asked if they had it in stock first. I wasn't going to order it if they didn't because I didn't feel like waiting a few years. But they said they did, so I went for it.

They told me it would ship the next day. I called a week later, it was still sitting there. Then they told me the same thing, so I called a week later and it was still sitting there. But this time they did ship it and I had it three weeks after I ordered it. I figured that was pretty good compared to some of the stories I've heard. You might need to call a few times to make sure they've sent it out.

Two more things: The item I got looked drastically different than the item pictured on their website (but I was still happy with it, so I didn't fret over that). And they told me shipping would cost $15, but they charged me $30.

This is "cutting the cost of labor" too far. I
would think they would hire someone who would do
their job and get it done !!! I think Jesse spends
too much time talking....and talking and.....

If you want a Wheellock don't waste you time with the RS. I have ordered and received their wheellocks, matchlocks, flintlocks and stocks. Long long wait and they always come with something missing or cracked or broken. I have been waiting for over ten years for a stock that they said was on hand and waiting to be cut. I understand the problems they face working with a foundry. If you want a wheelock or a match lock talk to Raszpla his work is perfection and he is a great guy to know and above all he is honest.

Honesty is such a lonely word. Everyone is so untrue. Honesty is hardly ever heard. And mostly what I need... I could have security until the bitter end. Anyone can comfort me with promises again; I know. I know.

Seriously, we can deal with good news, and bad, and even little white timing lies, but not no information and/or blatant, in your face, boldfaced lies. Well, that was until 2008 and again a couple of weeks ago I suppose.

The last item I ordered from TRS was in December, a Christmas present to myself I'd put off in the past. They confirmed they had all the parts (or else I would not have ordered). Yeah! I ordered a couple of different items.

The first item arrived with seperate, whopping, shipping charges. Week after week went by. No kit. I contacted them. They argued they sent it. Eventually they agreed they hadn't. The stock was the issue. They were "green" wood and warping so were kiln-drying and cutting new ones, they said. I called periodically though patiently. Weeks turned to months again. I was also told by them they were busy w/a large order (I am familiar with that is not historically correct), and after five months of stories and patience and badly missed deadlines it arrived where it needed to be. Not well done, missing a part, and with an assembled lock (one has to pay a huge premium for but it is the ONLY way to assure you at least have all the lock parts -- trust me with them) that simply could NOT be cocked. And I'm one of the lucky ones, believe me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back