• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

They moved early today...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
They must have been moving during the middle of the day after that huge moon last night”¦I settled down quiet overlooking a trail crossing in a bottom at 3:00”¦at 3:15 two does come walking the trail from west to east”¦at 3:45 a really big cow horn came walking the trail from east to west”¦never saw another thing.
That cow horn was a really big bodied buck and he had two very large, long curving cow horns but not a single tine that I could see”¦could have shot him a dozen times”¦if he makes it until next year maybe he’ll have a rack to match his body”¦sure got cold right at dark too!

If it was a really big bodied buck, he may be on the downhill slide, antler wise. He may not live 'till next year and if he does, he may just have a couple "clubs" for antlers. Who knows?
Idaho PRB

Hard to say...closest he got was about 50yds but he was a nice healthy strong looking animal...he went down out of sight into and back up out of a drainage ditch so deep and wide you could drop a car down in it and not see it...

Did I mention I settled in about 3:00 "PM" ?

The alarm went off at 5:00am...got up, walked to the bathroom window and looked out at the thermometer...19 degrees...frost on the ground...weighed the odds of even seeing a squirrel...looked back at the electric blanket...and wussed out !

:redface:

we have had 30-35mph winds here so nothing moved I did not even find fresh tracks I have to wait until the late antlerless only season in January to gun hunt again hope for the best. Even if it is worse weather I will still go you never know for sure what deer will do. I will probably hunt more in the afternoons

roundball said:
Did I mention I settled in about 3:00 "PM" ?

The alarm went off at 5:00am...got up, walked to the bathroom window and looked out at the thermometer...19 degrees...frost on the ground...weighed the odds of even seeing a squirrel...looked back at the electric blanket...and wussed out !

:redface:

That Electric Blanket does sound good Roundball....Wish I had an extension cord that would work underwater.....I'm on the cold Atlantic now every day haulin Lobster gear when it breaks light but it warms my heart to know that guys are still in the "Woods" hunting deer....Good luck! :v

I have read in a couple of places that large bucks with a single beam may be an older beast at the end of development. Can only speak for Northeast, never saw one personally, Good smoke, Ron

Back