• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Things are looking up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ha having drawn no tags of my own this year :(

I was all set to go be brush hound for my cousins deer hunt this next weekend. In fact, I took a 4 day weekend to help him. Talked to him this A.M. & I had the unit he is hunting wrong.

So at work at lunch, I was saying I guess he is really hunting unit 3. One of the guys says "well there's still a few cow elk tags for sale for that unit & season. :grin: who needs lunch I was half way across the parking lot by the time he stopped talking :grin:

I'm Going Hunting

Good luck!! I hope they have one or two left for ya to get. A cow Elk will eat just as good as a bull, just ask Greenmtnboy.

Amazing how much better life seems when your putting a coat of stock wax on & the items from your pack are spread out on the bed. :)

nchawkeye said:
I can't imagine living in a state that dictated who got to hunt and who didn't.... :youcrazy:

Imagine hunting hard for a week & seeing 1 spike buck & 6 or 8 doe. (Colorado unit 21 with unlimited tags.) :(

Now imagine waiting 4 years to get into that same unit, with a limited draw, and seeing 6 bucks on the 1st day! Seeing Bucks every day of the hunt! :wink: passing up VARY shootable bucks to wait for a better one :grin:

Colordao had unlimited out of state tags for almost all areas for years & years after other western states had gone to draw. When hunters DIDN;T draw in NM, WY, ID,MT,UT and othere states they almost ALL came to unlimited Colorado :doh:

We begged for limited draw, could it be done better yep, are our deer & elk better off with it? IMO YOU BET :grin:

I used to hunt out west when Colo. was like that. All I heard were horror stories so I hunted Wyoming and Montana. I also stayed away from Idaho because it was over-the-counter tags too. I never regretted that decision. When we would get drawn, we would hunt. Always had success except for a bighorn. Elk, moose, deer, and antelope were bountiful.

Have you ever hunted 3? I might be able to offer some suggestions if you're interested. I'm in 18 with my daughter this weekend for deer then she has a cow tag in 211 3rd season.

I'm new to 3. And would appreciate any hints you could give. :bow:

Mostly hunted the mesa, 21, 10, & 42.
My Cousin will have scouted ..the retired bum :haha: but I think this is his first year in 3 as well.
Just tonight I waited until 5:30 to call him, :) he retired last year guess I don't have to wait till he is off work to call any more.

Anyway I would love some pointers

Latest posts

Back