• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

thirsty

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i haven't gotten any responses and i assume that i was being too flippant with my request. my apologies are offered.

however, i am actually asking what you folks use for cups when camping? i have been packing for more than 45 yrs. now and one of the most valuable of items in my gear was the cup. i've used siera cups, plastic cups, tin cups, and noggins. for getting by in the woods and eating around campfires and out of communal pots, the cup and spoon are where it is at.

up here march was called the "crusted over snow" month back whenever. that's because you can get just about anywhere you want to in the woods at this time of year. it is when i love to hunt burls. they are easy to spot and get to this time of year. i carve bowls and noggins from them.

i would like to know what you folks use and like. i just finished one inspired by the 'canoe cup' that is in hanson's Voyager's sketchbook. i will send along a picture maybe when i figure out how.

thank you and take care, daniel

A large, double walled, insulated stainless steel mug... drink from it, eat cereal, soup, & stew out of it, brush my teeth with it, etc, etc, etc

NOGGINS, I thought you ment the lumps on my head... :haha:

I use the gray speckled enamel cup...

Xgwarecup.jpg

I use a horn cup, the type that the handle is integral and heat formed over in a ? and nailed to the wood bottom. Doesn't burn your lips.

Can't show ya pictures Djnye...aint camera smart....but my small belt one is cherry, and one a tad larger for serious eating is made of beech. I bought one made of some exotic wood at Kalmazoo a couple years ago, but dont care as much for it.

I use a few different types,My favorite is one I turned on the wood lathe from Misquite wood,The wood is so dense that little food and drink will flavor it.I also carry a gourd canteen,works great but is a little delicate.I'm in the process of making some horn cups and utensils,only thing keeping me from finishing ,is time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifGordy

finally have some pitures. they are white cedar, maple, and spruce burls. the maple burl was a rough copy of the "canoe cup" pictured in the voyagour sketchbook by hanson.

pic2.jpg

take care, daniel

Back