• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

This site's about perfect now...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.... cuz' I found it... he-he...ha-ha!

About 1/2 the names here look familiar. I just hope this ain't another one of them places where everyone talks like...

..."thair readen sumthin' intrestn from sum potlicker whoz thinkin' he wuz born las' sentree... tellen er askin' uz upp-tee flatlanders frum thair sittea to mutter like hiz hay-loftin' kin-folkz in hiz rige-runan' neyburrhood."

I get a feelin' I'll need to brush-up on my 19th century school-house missin', straw-hattin', bare-footin, stump-jumpin' southern mountain twang.
:: :bull: :: :bull: :: :bull: :: :bull: :: :bull: :: :bull: :: :bull: :: :bull:

You may be somewhat unhappy then. Some of us DO use the common venacular. Some of us are a couple weeks older than GOD. Some of us ARE Southern Mountain folks, and speak the Kings english as we speak everyday. Some of us even dare to actually shoot black powder...the real thing...out of rifles and smoothbores that have (shudder) locks on the side of them! Heaven forbid there are those of us who even are so unenlightened as to enjoy Flintlocks. Oh, and I do believe that a few are even of the feminine gender! However, I know that at least two of us who don't know all the answers and decline once in a while from answering every post with up-to-date pertinent information. For my own personal part, feel free to jump right and straighten us all out. Someday soon I am hoping to meet one of the local immigrants from your part of the country (there are quite a few it seems) who remembers the way back, so I can get a guided tour of all the beautiful road construction sites, and maybe watch some snow melting.
Pardner, if you can't take it dont dish it out. This is a great place to share info and become friends online with like minded folks. Welcome if you care to share with us. "n bye tha way, ay ain't illiterate....muh mammy and pappy wuz married 3 weeks afore ah wuz borneded.

TwoShadows,.... Yore absolutely right,.... I ain't "illiterate" neither, fact is,.... I bring ALL my "litter" back out (when I'm in tha woods) and dispose of it "properly"!!

And (probly like you) I cain't figger out,..... "how" a person talks (writes/spells), has any "reflection" on one's "knowledge" of fine traditional rifleguns and accoutrements!! :: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hey Trip - Thar's a place fer the likes 'o you 'round here, one thread, dunno what its called but should be labeled the "dog house"!!!!!!!! :winking:

Regards, sse

P.S. Here's hopin yer dancin the watusi once agin.

Why that thar's a sight fer sore eyes. Makes me wanna crawl out back and dig me a hole!! Why is he in disguise, bin at large without a license, I'm guessin. ::

Regards, sse

I couldn't git Ol'Eagle Eye's extendable "walk'n stick" in tha picture!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

"......"thair readen sumthin' intrestn from sum potlicker whoz thinkin' he wuz born las' sentree... tellen er askin' uz upp-tee flatlanders frum thair sittea to mutter like hiz hay-loftin' kin-folkz in hiz rige-runan' neyburrhood." "

Ah jus love it whan someon talks ma language lik that! Makes a body feel ta home, Ah says!
Course Ah don't know 'bout "flatlands" nor "rige-runan'" cauze all we'uns gots out har in 'Zonie be uneven deserts un Big mountins.......Oh...he was trying to say he doesn't approve of talking like an individual who has not achieved at least a minimal level of the English vernacular in their discourse? Well I am certain we can please him so permit me to say Welcome to the Forum!

Triple_Se7en: It's like old home week over here.First Cayugad and now You!I see Foxys name on a post over here also.I think You'll enjoy it over here,glad to see You! and WELCOME! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :)

Back