• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center New Englander

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Pehaps somebody could help me.
I have a TC New Englander in .50 Cal. That's the GOOD NEWS, the bad, it has a grain crack from the breech area to the lock bolt.
It's not bad, I believe I could repair it.
However, from the information here, TC's reputation for waranty repair is very good.
Question: Is it that good?
Happy New Year to all!
Old Ford

I know two people who got replacements from T/C for cracked stocks. Go ahead and give them a call. Heck, the worst thay can do is say "No".

Hi Old Ford,I bought a T.C. Renegade off an auction site and it was completly junk,stock was cracked, lock and triggers were full of rust- so I called T.C. and asked them about purchasing a new stock{I figured I could get the lock and triggers cleaned up myself}The guy says send it all in.Three weeks later I recieved a brand new stock complete with new lock and trigger.I was amazed!The 54 cal. barrel was also toast so I sent it to a guy in PA. who rebored it to 58 cal. for a VERY reasonable price.I've got everything I need to shoot it but haven't had the time to test it out yet although I'm positive 58 is my new favorite caliber.Unless things drastically changed I'm sure T.C. will treat you right.

forcon said:
The 54 cal. barrel was also toast so I sent it to a guy in PA. who rebored it to 58 cal. for a VERY reasonable price.

OK, you can't lay an egg like that without providing details. Cough them up!

Unless they have changed their warrenty on factory guns is 100%, But the kit guns do not cover the wood.

forcon said:
The 54 cal. barrel was also toast so I sent it to a guy in PA. who rebored it to 58 cal. for a VERY reasonable price.

Yes, cough up more details.
I'd like to have my Lyman bored out from a .50 cal to a .54 because of the pitting in the barrel. (Of course, it may be cheaper to buy a .54 cal barrel instead)

Back