• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center Renegade Barrel Thread

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeld1972

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Does anyone know the thread pitch of the renegade barrel and breech plug? I think its somewhere around 9/16-20.

Oh Gadds, someone will come along with it, but It's an odd ball.
They used a prioritized thread and pitch, it's not a commonly available tap an dies size,

Not sure on the renegade, but the 1 T/C hawken that I bored smooth was 11/16X20 or 11/16X24 It's been a while, this was on the 15/16 barrel When I got done I made a new plug and re tapped it to 3/4X16
Hope this helps.
Galen

Thomson according to them told me when I wanted them to take a left hand breech taken off of a standard 1/48 twist barrel and to put on a 1/66 twist barrel. They had changed the treading at least once if not twice since they started making the barrels for the Renegade. The barrel I sent them to have the change done, had the wrong thread for the barrels they had. The barrel I sent them was on of the older barrels. I know this isn't the answer you were looking for but it will depend on when you barrel was made as to what thread and pitch they used when it was made. I don't know if you would call Thompson if they could tell you or not. DANNY

rebeldunn1972 said:
Does anyone know the thread pitch of the renegade barrel and breech plug? I think its somewhere around 9/16-20.
A renegade barrel is 1 inch ATF and uses a 3/4-16 (percussion) and 11/16-20 (Flintlock) breech plug available from TOTW if you need one.

Nope,
Those will fit replacement barrels and the hook and lock overlap will fit in a TC, but they are not the same thread as the factory barrels.

Back