• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Drop in Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of guy's. But buying components and doing all the labor can easily amount to over $300.
That's why the now limited available Green Mountain drop-ins worked well for around 200.
There's other options, what do you want to do?

There are barrels out there that fit your stock already. No reason to go through all the trouble of making a new barrel.
There are the green mountain barrels, also there is a .56 smoothbore made by TC for that stock. Also the 1" across the flats Hawken barrels should also fit your stock.
There are options available already is my point.

I have a TC .56 smoothbore on my Renegade stock and my .54 rifle barrel hasn't seen the stock in about a year.

if you are looking to get a barrel look on ebay i just looked and i think i saw what you are asking about.

If you have a complete stock assembly complete with lock and just need a good barrel, You might check Ebay and type in muzzleloader in their search, you may find just what you need. They sell T.C. Hawken and Renegade barrels often.

I just picked up a 50 caliber shortened barrel for mine off ebay this week. Some go for pretty cheap, others are asking for the price of the whole gun just for one part. I only paid $59 shipping included for mine. conditions vary, but the bore in mine looks really good, and the smith that shortened it put a decent crown on it. Even if there is a little rust in the bore, it can be worked to shootable condition for only a little time and effort

There are a few Renegade barrels on Ebay but most are going quite high due to their availability. Lot of TC Hawkins barrels though. Prices vary some and bidding seems to be fast and furious for them. I just purchased a new in box 50cal Hawkins barrel to fix an old family heirloom on Ebay and paid more than the original gun for it. To me it was worth it to get that old gun shooting again but just to get any old gun usable again I doubt it would be worth it.

Once upon a time I got a Renegade stock to use with a drop-in barrel. The rusted out .50 barrel that came with the stock was drilled and tapped for scope mounts. The rusted nipple hole threads would have to be retapped. It sits in the corner and I occasionally look over there and wonder if I should do something fun with it.

Back