• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Three generations

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaino

Cannon
Reaction score
Sitting here waiting for my son Mike and my grandson Will to pull up and we're off to our deer camp. We've had as many as 11 in the camp but due mainly to die offs, infirmities and loss of the "urge" in some guys, we're the 3 surviving members. Last year was a banner year and and by Sun. at 9:00 AM {Sat. was opening} we had an eight, 2 sixes and 2 large does and then made the mistake of going to another area. The next 3 days produced nothing and we were very disappointed seeing we're all big meat hunters. We're kinda apprehensive as usual concerning our "first choice" area because of last year's harvest but setting up the tree stands on Friday, cruising the area and my son's observations {he's never been wrong} of the "sign", will likely foretell our prospects. At 76 I just "shoot em" and the other 2 gut and drag....I've got a real deal! Back at the cabin I do all the meals which offsets the more physical "chores" in the woods. I've been hunting this county forest land since 1949 and it constantly changes asre deer density patterns because of the logging operations {aspen} every 7-10 yrs, but somehow my son's intuition has provided us w/ excellent hunting and a whole lot of good tasting venison. Can hardly wait....Fred

Best of luck to ya!

I sure hope that I'm still able to be hunting at your age. Keep at as long as you can. :hatsoff:

Sounds like it should be a good experience...

Remember:

JOB 1 = don't shoot yourself or anybody else
JOB 2 = Shoot a deer where you're there

:thumbsup:

I am 76 and praying to be able to get back into the woods one mo' time, at least. You are an inspiration. God Bless, Good smoke, Ron in FL

Back