• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Time for turkey season!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the first day of the regular season in Indiana.

I just finished getting all the necessary accoutrements and paraphernalia gathered.

I have everything a smokepole turkey hunter could need except one thing.

That is a sure sense of where all the gobblers went to! :slap:

I have spent the last week searching with eyes and ears to no avail. It seems that "my" birds have vanished. It hasn't dampened my spirit at all and I can't wait to get after them!

I am mulling over a couple of ideas for tomorrow, and rest assured, I will be enjoying every moment of it. :thumbsup:

Hope to return with good news. Good luck to all and keep yer powder dry, Skychief. :hatsoff:

Here's wishing you the best of luck. One thing I've learned is that just being in the woods can make some good things happen. Stay after them!

Jeff

We lost alot of birds this winter due to deep snow. The state has cancelled the season in Northern Maine. Not seeing a lot in southern Maine either. :idunno:
Nit Wit

Thought I would check in before TRYING to get some sleep tonight.

I have some good news and some bad news....

The bad news is I wore out my boots trying to find a Tom or two.

The good news is, I found a couple!!! I "put them to bed" as they say on the hunting shows.

The turkeys here this year are a lot like mushrooms I suppose as "they are where you find them". The two gobblers had three hens with them when they went to roost this evening.

It will be a chore to get close to them in the morning, but, that's my new plan.

What else would they say on one of those crappy commercialized shows? Oh, "roosted ain't roasted".

Still, I'm gonna have a hard time sleeping and will give them my best in the morning! :thumbsup:

'Night all, Skychief.

I was "schooled" yesterday,but, my tuition paid dividends this morning.

Please stay tuned for details as they become available. In other words, after a good long nap! :thumbsup:

Gobba gobba Gobble, Skychief.

Two toms and three hens! They likely be looking for more hens so if ya call "just right" you might be posting pics about 8:00 AM! Will pray and look for em in the morning!

Latest posts

Back