• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Time to start getting serious.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The hunt will soon be open. Time to dig out my hunting rifle and reacquaint with each other. The T/C Hawken .50 has sat untouched in many months. Other rifles and pistols have taken my time. I like the rifle so much I don't tend to take it out much as I want its' dings and dents to be all earned hunting meat. The other guns are for entertainment. The Hawken is for food.
Time to go and scout some trails and the water hole.

Good luck! :thumbsup: Deer season starts Nov.18th. down here, an squirrel is Oct 1st. an its still to hot to hunt them, you usually have to wait till late Nov. early Dec. to hunt Mr. bushy tail. We got 6" of rain yesterday and its 100 degrees heat index right now :surrender: .

Me thinks you should be intimate with the rifle you'll be using for such an important task, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Yep. Starting to feel the ancient stirrings. Past few weeks went out each Saturday to fire the .54 Hawken with hunting load at distance to get back into the groove. September I'll take a smaller caliber rifle out to pop the heads off squirrels while I begin scouting deer trails. October will start sharing the woods with bowhunters until November rolls around and the best time of the year arrives!

Latest posts

Back