• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tips from the server room - static

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An ounce of prevention is worth......
Sorry, but disagree, and your precautions seems to me to be about 23 tons of prevention.

Maybe I'll change my mind after I blow up myself and my house, but, sorry, you'll never hear about that here. In the meantime, if I keep posting, you can assume nothing of the sort has happened. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, I'll take your described routine as over-the-top hyperbole for the purpose of injecting some humor into the discussion. :thumb:

Last edited:
Sorry, but disagree, and your precautions seems to me to be about 23 tons of prevention.

Maybe I'll change my mind after I blow up myself and my house, but, sorry, you'll never hear about that here. In the meantime, if I keep posting, you can assume nothing of the sort has happened. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, I'll take your described routine as over-the-top hyperbole for the purpose of injecting some humor into the discussion. :thumb:
:thumb:
We need to have a 'Gotcha' score card system.
I have been reading too many of these new posts lately.
🤣

Last edited:
It takes heat to ignite black powder. The static electric sparks generated from walking on carpet can't ignite black powder in the granule form. Of course, it's more complicated than that.

Here's a link in the following thread to another study of the effect of black powder and static electricity.

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/...ck-powder-you-never-know.172485/#post-2488366

Still when inflammable components are pulverized dust that can float in the air, then static electricity becomes a concern. There are dust explosions that occur in mills grinding flour for baking.
I remember a demonstration using flower dust back in High School Physics class. Made quite the boom. I was impressed.

Back