• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tom turkey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sooner

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Took this tom with my Pedersoli 12 gauge sxs ,used 70 grains of 2f powder and 70 grains of # 6 shot ,flipped him backwards at 32 yards .

Im Sorry but what is that Bloody mess in the left hand picture and what is the point in having it posted? I am all for hunting, I truly believe it is a great thing. But in this day and age we hunters take a lot of flak...and frankly its because of pics like the one you posted. We should be respecting these animals that we harvest...not displaying bloody messes of gore for others to look at, this only feeds the uninformed resentment that some take towards hunting ...why make it harder on us than is neccessary. I am on a soap box and with good reason....we need to preserve our past time...not give people a reason/ammo to take it away!your picture on the right is of a bird you took fairly and it is good. that picture on the left disrespects the very animal itsself and makes other hunters look bad. maybe you should read up on hunting in Germany and see how they respect there animals that they harvest. Its a nice bird and well earned so treat it as such. Google "hunting turkeys with black powder there are some great photos to emulate

Guess this feller was field dressing and checked what the damage was and then took a photo for reference.
Sometimes we forget what others may think.

B.

Bryon I wasn't trying to cause a stir ,just trying to show how well the pattern worked, as for the tree huggers out there when are we as American sportsman going to quit bowing down to them and their twisted views (Sorry if this offends you )I have hunted all of my life and I will defend my rights as an American as long as I am still breathing ,you say you are on a soap box well I am about 10 feet off of the ground when it comes to my rights . Have a great day Tom

I doubt the tree huggers are on this site so I have no issue with the photo. I'd have taken it but maybe not posted. Not many other places do you "dare" display the results though as the anti's are everywhere. Nice bird!

sooner said:
Bryon I wasn't trying to cause a stir ,just trying to show how well the pattern worked, as for the tree huggers out there when are we as American sportsman going to quit bowing down to them and their twisted views (Sorry if this offends you )I have hunted all of my life and I will defend my rights as an American as long as I am still breathing ,you say you are on a soap box well I am about 10 feet off of the ground when it comes to my rights . Have a great day Tom
This topic is not about hunting rights or America. Let's not turn it into something political.

Explaining why you posted the photo is sufficient, if you wish, or just let it go.

Claude I sure didn't intend to start a political debate . I wouldn't mind if you removed the post as I truly love coming to this forum . Thanks Tom

Sooner,

The post is fine.

Some folks don't understand why anyone would show a photo of a "wound" and some don't understand why others don't appreciate the same photo.

Sometimes we have to just disagree and move on.

I moved the topic to the Hunting category, so those who don't want to see "hunting photos" can avoid them.

Its not a political debate, I could give a rats rear end about tree huggers.However, as times evolve so must we .We as hunters need to be aware, now more than ever of peoples perceptions of US...as a whole. It was stated that tree huggers dont come to this forum.....well how many images on this forum are found by a random search on the internet??? exactly....just because they dont come here doesnt mean that it cant be found. Ive already stated I am a life long hunter. The problem is exactly as you stated ...its your right and everyone else be damned. That is the the mentality that we need to change. and you can be 10 feet off the ground...I really dont care. But you should still be willing to respect others regardless of their opinion.We need to portray hunting in a positive light...not as some backwoods, inbred cult. Its called RESPECT.... for others...for the game that you take.. Obviously by your attitude and the others that share your disregard for others...you all could learn something on this topic...but Ill stop here and conserve my oxygen....good day

I'm with Bryon on this one. I've hunted for 40 plus years, had elk and deer blood all over my knees and up to my elbows.
Just because we differ from the non-hunters in our ideals doesn't mean we have to rub their noses in it.
Best to all.

Not sure what the choke is ,but the right hand barrel seems tighter when I am loading ,so that is the one I fire first . Tom

Back