• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

tomahawks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George

Cannon
Reaction score
I seem to have collected 3 tomahawks over the years. I used to be a regular shopper at Friendship, and I always seemed to migrate to the booths of the blacksmiths. I have high admiration for their skills and some of their stuff seemed to follow me home. That was many years ago, and the axes frequently had some decoration showing off the maker's skills.

hawk1.jpg

Throwing hawk, 1 lb. 4 oz., inlay.

hawk2.jpg

Polled hawk, 1 lb. 12 oz., cutout, my belt/camp axe.

hawk3.jpg

General use, 1 lb. 6 oz., engraving.

hawk4.jpg

hawk5.jpg

Spence

Nice stuff, Spence! I like the engraved one. Now that I can engrave, :rotf: I think I'll do mine.

Mike Brines said:
Now that I can engrave, :rotf: I think I'll do mine.
Tomahawks would be a good place to practice your new skills. If you are not happy with the results you can just bury the hatchet. :haha:

Spence

Nice collection they are works of art! :thumbsup:
Wish I had a forge. :idunno:
Dusty :wink:

Those are nice. I have a thing for hawks. I have 4 now and one on the way. Almost got one for every rifle :rotf:

I love hawks with inlays. There was a hawk maker in Vincennes, IN 200 years ago who used to inlay a brass knife in to his hawk blades. I think it speaks of their skill.

Back