• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Took my buck this morning.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I tagged out on an eight pointer this morning. Though he is no monster, I am happy to have taken him with my Southern Flinter and he will provide many good meals!

He seemed to be cruising for does between two good bedding areas (where I almost had a big one yesterday morning). The .445 ball did a fine job at a little over 40 yards.

Next will be one more doe for the freezer and then I plan to chase a little beagle named "Bubby" around the countryside through mid-January!

Life is GOOOOD! Skychief. :thumbsup:

P.S.---I only have "back of the truck" pictures unfortunately, but, would like anybody to PT their email to me if they will post them here. I am a computer klutz, but can email a pic or two. :surrender:

Congratulations...a buck with a Flintlock is a good thing !!
:thumbsup:

Be glad to post your photos for you...check your PMs

(Photos posted for Skychief)

Skychiefs8Pointer1.jpg

Skychiefs8Pointer2.jpg

An outstanding buck for sure, congratulations !!
:hatsoff:

That's what I'm talking about! :grin:

BEAUTIFUL deer, congratulations Skychief. :thumbsup:

Spot

skychief, I will forgive the back of the truck pic :hatsoff: . That is a fantastic buck! :thumbsup: Ron

Either you're a very small man in a mini truck, or that deer is huge! Wow! :thumbsup: Bill

Wow, Chief...what a bruiser! Any idea as to on-the-hoof weight?
All that much better, taken with a ML!

That is one fine buck. I looked at your profile to see where you are from and it doesn't show. Where abouts or what state you hunting in?

Hey guys!

First I want to give a big THANK YOU to Roundball for his effort in posting the pictures. "Thanks" Roundball! :applause:

Snowdragon: I am 6'3", 190 pounds in a full-sized Ford.

Captain Kirk: I don't know the live weight or the dressed weight. The idea of flopping him on the scales and back into the truck wasn't appealing at all as it took me two hours to drag him out of the woods. My bucks always seem to run down the deepest hollows in the county. Dragging gets tougher every year doesn't it? :surrender:

Dave K: I am in Southern Indiana.

Thanks for all the atta-boys everybody! Hope you all have a great, safe hunting season!!! :thumbsup:

Back