• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

took the tryon out

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windwalker_au

50 Cal.
Reaction score
took my .54 tryon out to my friends orchard yesterday and had a few shots with the .54 tryon of grosed stix at 50 meters 5 shot grupe 1-1/8" x 1" center to center,the load was 115 grn of ppp wano and a 425 grn minie the first 3 shots are just a clover leaf the last two opend the grupe up a bit this gun sure does shoot.
bernie :thumbsup:
101_0949.jpg

nice shooting you could probably put them all touching, I know that one can get excited from seeing the first three touching, then that is all what is on the mind. :thumbsup:

heres a pic of the tryon and the minie bullet my tryon is relay a .53 cal as it has a .530 bore and is .544 in the grooves its a 1978 model pedersoli it has a 1 in 47 twist the minie is a lee .533 sized down to .529 and the base pin is turned down to give a thicker skirt, and in my first post i said that the minie was 425 grn it should read 435 grn minie.
101_0704.jpg

101_0959.jpg

Looks to me you are ready for a 'Roo burger. :grin: Good Shooting! :thumbsup:

windwalker_au said:
took my .54 tryon out to my friends orchard yesterday and had a few shots with the .54 tryon of grosed stix at 50 meters 5 shot grupe 1-1/8" x 1" center to center >snip snip< this gun sure does shoot >snip
bernie

That is a good group windwalker_au congrats, I have a Pedersoli Tyron with a 1:65 twist for round balls, it's a good shooter.

Are you going to use your Tyron on any game?

Sixbull

i have shot heaps of wild goats and wild pigs with it and that load, the pigs drop in there tracks.

windwalker_au said:
i have shot heaps of wild goats and wild pigs with it and that load, the pigs drop in there tracks.

Hummmmmmmmm :hmm: I may have to take my Tyron down to south Texas and use it on Russian Boars.

Thanks for the idea Bernie............ :thumbsup:

Sixbull

I've got a .54 Tryon I've just finished fixing up. It's the slower twist though, so it's PBR only. Initial tests gave a cloverleaf at 50 and I hope to take it for a more thorough spin this weekend.

Cosmoline said:
I've got a .54 Tryon I've just finished fixing up. It's the slower twist though, so it's PBR only. Initial tests gave a cloverleaf at 50 and I hope to take it for a more thorough spin this weekend.

Cosmoline a buddy has the slow twist one 1 in 65 tryon, he had a custom minie mould made so it has the thick skirt but the base plug is very long it cast a 400 grn minie and shoots relay well in his 1 in 65 twist as most ot the weight is up forword in the minie, he gets 1 5/8" group of crossed stix at 50 meters with a heavy hunting load

Latest posts

Back