• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tough Squirrel huntin'

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

410-er

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Took the English 14ga sxs with 35 in barrels out today.Ran into some of the toughest hunting in years.Loads of nuts of all kinds but no signs of cuttings anywhere.Tried 3 different gamelands with same results.Saw only 2 and got both.Load was 80gr FFg and 1 1/4oz #4's.
101_1225[1] by t410er, on Flickr
101_1226[1] by t410er, on Flickr

Got to ask, is that a Brand New bag? I couldn't walk from the house to the truck without getting a smudge on something that pretty.

Bag I made about 10yrs ago.Guy raised Buffalo and when he had public sale I got a piece of leather.

There are lots of squirrels on my Virginia property this year. They're pretty small for greys, so I haven't hunted them at all. Honestly, I try to not make noise there unless I'm sighting at a mature buck. :nono: The older that I've gotten, it seems like the more work there is to harvesting a deer, so I try to make it worth my while.

Congratulations Sean, well done. That's a fine looking shotgun. Those fat grey's will make some good groceries, I like them floured in seasoned flour and fried like chicken. I also prefer #4 shot for squirrels, they are tenacious of life. They can be aggressive and if they weighed 100 lbs it might not be safe to walk in the woods, LOL.............robin :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back