• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trade Gun crow

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradCayton

40 Cal
Reaction score
I finished up my Chief's grade trade gun last weekend and was able to take her out today. I didn't jump any rabbits or grouse but was having fun shooting shot and PRB as I made my way back to the truck.
This fella surprised me flying over as I came out of some pines. I surprised him with a load of 5s.

I surely like this smoothbore and Matt at North Star West is a fine fella to do business with. Now I hope for a chance at a gobbler this spring.

The versatility of a smoothie is pretty cool. Glad you're enjoying your build. And, beautiful looking country. :thumbsup: [/quote]

I see now what the smoothie guys have been talking about. I have a .62 smooth barrel for my Haines but this NSW fits me and handles so much better for my kind of hunting.

Thanks for the kind words fellas:grin:

Thanks Brad. I want a NEW trade gun one of these days. Badly.

I know it's a subjective thing, but, I have come to favor short-ish barrels in my hunting guns. Yours is very new to you and you might be forming an opinion about its handling now.

Once you get to know her better, please feel free to PT me with your opinion on how that 36 incher handles for you in the field.

Good luck, great gun, Skychief. :thumbsup:

Back