• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditional Patched Ball Hunters: Flintlock or Caplock this fall?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cap, GPR in .54. I'm shooting it more confidently than my flinter at this point. (getting better groups).

Flintlock Rifle and Flintlock Soothy! There aint no other kind here
sepitin my recurve or long bow. :applause:
Best of LUCK all. :hatsoff:
Dusty :wink:

Trying something new this year. Putting my percussion .50 cal. T/C Renegade to the side this year to make room for my new scratch build. A Bucks co. in .45 cal Flintlock....Ed

100_1582.jpg

flintlock almost for everything. the only modern hunting i do anymore is duck, and that's because i tend to step in holes in the swamp and get my gun wet :(

Just putting the finish on my first build, a Lancaster flintlock kit from TOTW. Have been using a Traditions Shenandoah up til now and am really looking forward to the longer barrel and hopefully more reliable lock. Flintlock all the way for me, boys! :wink:

My muzzleloader hunting this year will be with a Hawken .54 percussion rifle..

Back