• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditional Spring Javelina Hunt Part 2

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today started just after daylight. I pulled the bamboo "stick" from the touch-hole, put a thin pick in there just to feel some powder and primed and closed the frizzen with the stall in place. My first mile showed promise as a turkey gobbled, a hog ran across an open area and a deer came in for water and left without being disturbed. I watched my footing today and may have even missed some action while looking down, as twice I saw a fleeting glimpse of a black spot moving through the cover at a distance. I went real slow today, stopping every 50-yards or so to sit and watch. By the 4- mile mark it was 93 degrees! So much for Spring, we skipped that and went straight to summer. I saw some kind of bird grab either a long lizard or snake and fly off with it. It got hot and quiet during the last part of the lap. I wiped the pan clean and re-inserted the bamboo stick. I washed off and wet my shirt and pants to keep the odor down. I had a bright idea to smell like strawberries, since that is what is on the flat, front part of the ranch. I went down and picked for an hour or so and did not worry about getting strawberry juice on my skin or clothing. Sunblock would have been nice, but I did not have any odor-free sunblock and did not think that was "traditional".

straw.jpg

I plan to continue after mid-afternoon arrives..... Stand by

Back