• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions 50 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfruhwirth

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I purchased a 50 cal traditions a few years back and have finally gotten serious about shooting it. I've been playing around with different load combinations and so far still not sure what i like best. At this time i'm shooting 20 grains of 3f with a .490 rb and about .017 patching. This seems the most consistent but have tried less powder and more.
Was wondering what others are shooting and for what ranges. I'm tying to get to the point where i might be somewhat competitive at local shoots (25 & 50 yd).

TIA,

Wez

I have a CVA .50 and use 30 grs. init w/PRB and REAL slug both, the REAL has some recoil. I shoot at 10 paces w/it. shoots a little high I have'nt tryed tweaking sights yet.

15 of 3f, 490 and .015 15 to 35 yds with a trapper and a wm parker. both deadly accurate. I step up to 20 gr at 50yd and hold about an inch high. nice tight groups (

Latest posts

Back