• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Crockett .32 cal. ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brudford

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just picked up my Traditions .32 cal.Crockett pistol today
I guess not bad for 150.00$ The only real problem I see
is all the free side-to-side play or slop in the trigger
itself,is this normal ?

I sold one a few months ago and it had a sloppy trigger also, If I remember right I think you can shim it up on both sides and that will take care of it. One thing I have learned about these cheaper gun is that with a little imagination and some ingenuity you can fix most of the things that make it a cheap.
::

TheGunCellar

Howdy Bo,
let us know how she shoots...and how easy it is to load a ball stc...etc.
I have been wanting to git one fer some time now ...
looks like a great little gun.
By the way.....what part of pennslyvania " 'R ya from?
us Hillbillis here in WVa spell stuff funny sumtimes
but I haint never seen the dollar sign put after the numbers......is that a Pennslyvania "THANG?" er does that mean its funny money er sumthing?
jest a wandering..... :kid:

*** wv scrounger ***

Hey, I got one of them! Nice guy at the archery shop hooked me and my buddy up. We bought a pair. Got the gun, some shot, patches, a few other possibles. Ours came with a musket nipple. Do they all come like that? The guy at the archery shop even gave us a canteen FULL of FFFG. Like.. at least 3 bottles worth of it. That was just over a year ago... and I am just now finishing it off. Of course, that's with the help of the twins (1851 navy colt revolvers :grey:)

I wouldn't worry about the wobble in the trigger. Mine does that, but half the time I don't even notice it... or even care. As long as it shoots nice. And it does.

Have fun. It's a nice gun.

Wobble in the trigger is created by a bent sear pin. They bend it at the manufactor so it can fit into the wood. Its easy to shim the trigger into place.

bo-I have owned my little Crockett pistol going on three years now.It is one of the best shooting pistols I own!I overhauled my trigger and lock,took about two days and about eight dollars in materials.I own two Pedersoli LePage's I still shoot better scores(25 yd off hand)with the Traditions Crockett and the Pioneer pistol is coming around nicely two.I hope you enjoy your Crockett as much as I have mine...Respectfully Montanadan

I bought one for the wife five years ago, to go with the Crockett rifle I got her a year earlier. In one evening, I shimmed the trigger and reworked that cranky lock. The next day I scored an 88 at 50 yds for a gold medal at the nationals. Yep, that baby can shoot!

Back