• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gollywomper

32 Cal
Reaction score
After several months of hemhawing about which rifle I wanted to buy I settled on a Traditions Mountain Rifle. I really like the style of the rifle and went ahead and pulled the trigger, so to speak.
I ordered from Deer Creek Products, as I wanted to support one of the few muzzleloading outfits left. They had the best price on the rifle as well. I placed the order on Wednesday and to my surprise the knock on the door today was the delivery of my new rifle, on a Saturday to boot. The one thing that took me a while to make this purchase was the cerakoted barrel. We will have to wait and see how that turns out long term.
IMG_0908.jpeg
IMG_0907.jpeg
IMG_0909.jpeg

Awesome! I hope you keep us posted on this rifle. I love my original mountain rifles, I’m highly interested in the new model. It looks beautiful. Please give us a range report.

After several months of hemhawing about which rifle I wanted to buy I settled on a Traditions Mountain Rifle. I really like the style of the rifle and went ahead and pulled the trigger, so to speak.
I ordered from Deer Creek Products, as I wanted to support one of the few muzzleloading outfits left. They had the best price on the rifle as well. I placed the order on Wednesday and to my surprise the knock on the door today was the delivery of my new rifle, on a Saturday to boot. The one thing that took me a while to make this purchase was the cerakoted barrel. We will have to wait and see how that turns out long term.View attachment 326100View attachment 326098View attachment 326099
Wonderful! Take her out and see what she can do. You are in for so much fun!

Cheers, Pete

Was able to get the new MR out for a few rounds while on a camping trip last week. Fired maybe a dozen or so rounds through it. The barrel really needed a good cleaning or I would have shot more. The last inch or two in the chamber was pretty rough/gritty. My mistake for not giving it a solid cleaning before heading out. Once thoroughly cleaned it is smooth as can be now.
Being somewhat new to BP, I was lucky to have my dad and uncle along to show me the ropes. They both have been into ML for a long time. My Uncle helps run a ML club in Northern CA, so I had plenty of guidance. I guess I didn’t know what I was missing all these years, I never had any interest in BP until now.
Can’t wait to get back out again and see what kind of groups I can get with this rifle.
My new lead furnace has arrived, some lead and a thermometer are on the way. I plan to cast my own conicals, as I hope to hunt mule deer and elk with this rifle.

That’s a beautiful rifle. I have a couple of the old CVA mountain rifles, I hope the rifle serves you well.

Sounds like you are having a good time with it. It's always good to us BP old timers to see new guys coming into the fold. I wish you well with your new rifle. I've always been a fan of Traditions guns and know that it will serve you well.

Back