• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

traditions trapper or William Parker?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohioron

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Which of the two pistols is the best shooter or more accurate. The william Parker or the Trapper both from Traditions.

I have in the neighborhood of two dozen black powder pistols. The Trapper is unwieldy and front heavy. Can't speak for the Parker. I do have the TC Patriot and some other target guns to compare the trapper to. I'll bet the Patriot weighs half of what the trapper does. (I may be exaggerating but not much) I do have a percussion shotgun that weighs less than the trapper. My advice is to go to a muzzleloader mega store where you can handle each and compare to other offerrings.

I can't comment on your choice of W P but if you were to have a choice between a Patriot and a Trapper, the Patriot is way ahead of a Trapper. Way, way ahead!

Hi there. I have been wanting to heft the WP myself. I own a trapper and mine is a great shooter and a finely put together piece. Double set trigger is solid and adjusts to perfection. You can tell I like the Trapper. As for weight I like the handfull the Trapper is. to date the heaviest load I have shot is 40 FFFG. .015 lube patch, .490 ball. Gun shots as good as my target pistol I used to use for competition.
Again, I have not held or shot the WP. Going to the big town this weekend so hoping the Muzzleloading shop has a WP so I can at least hold one.
enjoy your search and have a good day.

Was able to handle the Tradditions WP in store in the valley. But, for some reason they would not let me ram a ball and shoot it so know nothing of the accuracy. I sure liked the feel of it though. lighter than my Trad Trapper. Single set trigger. One point that is interesting is the gun is highly polished. I would imagine with a very good cleaning a person could brown the barrel.

I have both!
Shot the trapper for a few years and consistantly scored well, repeatedly! (once you learn how to hold it!)
I picked up a very well used Billy Parker and have been shooting that for the past 5 years and have scored even better!
Both guns prefer lighter loads for target work and trail walks. I shoot 15gr 3F in both!

I do feel that the double set triggers offer a slight advantage to other out of the box guns.
The billy Parker would be my choice!
Although the LePaige from Pedersoli has been screaming at me for a few years! big swing in dollars though.

I am still leaning towards the parker. I like the looks of the gun and from what i have been reading the accuracy seems to be fine for target work. Thanks for all the input from everyone.
Ron

Back