• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions' Trigger Adjustments

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forestwalker

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Need some help please from you more worldly types. :bow: I have a Traditions’ Pennsylvania .50 cal Percussion Rifle. When trying to adjust the front (hair trigger), I have issues.
With the rear adjust screw correct(hammer falling force) (according to Traditions’) when moving front adjustment screw to release front trigger/hammer, the rear trigger! will visibly release but the hammer won’t fall. When the rear screw is out of adjustment, ie. hammer won’t completely fall, then the front trigger will release at hair trigger adjustment. With these settings, there is a LOT of Play in front trigger, almost like there is a burr catching somewhere. With all of this said”¦”¦.Traditions says the trigger and lock are operating fine, I sent it back over the summer for warranty inspection.

When I am adjusting, I have my owners’ manual open, the adjustments seem pretty straight forward. I am moving screws like a 1/16” at a time and not at the same time, in order to get each adjust correct before moving on.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Back