• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkey Drawing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyFlintlock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I put the charcoal to work the last few weeks and finished this up, I call it "The Flydown".

WessV_Flydown.jpg

I know it is early for turkey, but man, I can't wait already!!!! I am going to check into getting my mortimer 12ga jug choked, as the pattern is horrible past 20yards.

Smoke in the air and gobbler breast on the grill!

Anyone else like to hunt those spring gobblers?
Wess

KyFlintlock said:
I am going to check into getting my mortimer 12ga jug choked, as the pattern is horrible past 20yards.
You'll think you've died and gone to heaven.
:thumbsup:

Um um UMMM! Really nice work.

I'm afraid gobblers are in short suppy where I hang my hat nowadays. But when I lived in VA as a kid I enjoyed the pursuit. Miss it alot. Never know where the good Lord will move me next. Perhaps again someday. Have fun!

dang that's awful nice! :thumbsup: even gets the ole ticker a'goin! :haha: nice work! :thumbsup:

Really great pic I like turkey better than deer hunting cant wait to hear the morning thunder!!

Dont mean to be rude but how much would that rint cost it is awsome!!!!

Wow! The talant on this forum is amazing!

I like turkey hunting especially in the spring!

Wes..That's awesome..I admire your work..Spring turkeys are a blast..I bought a used 12 ga. Mortimer ..it came jug choked .was not happy with the patterns .sent the barrel to Colonial arms and they threaded the muzzle for a choke..Took a turkey with it in early October. The Mortimer is built like a brick house ..Mine's a keeper..Hope you enjoy the choke job.You won't regret it.........Did I just hear a gobble?..April can't get here fast enough!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement guys!!!

Chance - PM sent on the prints.

Now, to get the shotgun in order!
Wess

Incredible drawing. Makes the 7 degree temp we had at fly down time this morning a little warmer and the three months until season opens a little shorter. Too cold to pattern loads but I can always rub on the old slate.

Wess that is a beautiful piece of work. The only thing better than turkey hunting with a flintlock fowler is eating a tom killed with a flintlock fowler. My good friend Mike Miller engraved this tom on my tender box-which I carry my wads in. Now that deer season is history I can't wait til April when the old toms start to gobble their pea brained heads off in my beloved Kentucky woods.
Tom Black
Cantucky
001-3.jpg

Opening day of season last April I called this old boy across Piney Creek-that was running bank full. I know they aren't supposed to cross things like that to come to your call but he did. He was 500 yards across Piney bottoms and if I'd had a string around his scrawny neck pulling him to me he would not have come any more straight than he did. At 30 yards I ruined his morning with my Mike Miller made fowler loaded with 80 grs. FFG Swiss, a thin cardboard wad with a pin hole in it, 2 felt wads, 1 5/8 oz. Winchester plated #6's, another thin cardboard wad with a pin hole and FFFFG in the pan. He weighed 24 pounds, had a 9 3/4" beard but short spurs. I was dressed head to toe as a 1770's longhunter of Kentucky. Ya don't have to be dressed in camo to kill turkeys.
Tom Black
Cantucky
297.jpg

Tom,

Way to go on that gobbler, good stuff right there! I hunt ol Cantuck as well. ;)

Owen and Bracken Counties mainly.
Wess

Wess,
I'm a Crittenden County boy. Email me about your art work please.
Tom Black
Cantucky

That is a great drawing. I love turkey hunting, I built a speacial .36 longrifle just for taking turkey. I didn't get drawn last year (which is the 1st time ever not to get drawn)and that was a real bummer, but it's a sure thing this year with preference points. Can't wait.

Back