• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkey poof, Squirrel bang

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwiliff

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Went out this morning to a water hole where I saw a couple turkey last year. In place well before sunrise. An hour or more later, sure enough, here come a couple turkeys. Cocked the hammer, set the trigger, took careful aim. Poof! This rifle does not do that, very reliable.

Oh well, lets go look for some Abert's squirrels. After a bit of strolling through the Ponderosa pines I found one. Bang! Second squirrel of the year. One grey and one Abert's.

Think I'm going to rest the turkey pond for a couple days and give it another try. I think I'll use my trade gun and buckshot next time.

Warmest Regards,
Robert

1st shot (attempt), did you fire off a pan before loading? This will dry any oil, etc. This 1st shot "may" have done that and that's why the 2nd went "bang"..... :hmm:

It was clean and dry. Extreme care was taken loading. Flint was even sharp and tight. Something about angels and touch holes.

Warmest Regards,
Robert

Back