• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

turkey season(s)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawk

54 Cal.
Reaction score
how long and how many?

rifle or shotgun gauge limits

We get a month in the spring mid april start.

october fall hunt for a week.

no rifles 20 ga to 10 ga

:hmm: Without looking it up, we have about a 3 week season in the Spring. One Gobbler only taken by Shotgun minimum gauge is .20. Then theres a Fall Archery only season. Not sure if they can take a Hen or not as I never really paid much attention to the Fall season.

Kentucky has a 3-week spring gun season, toms only, a 2-day early fall season in October and another 7-8 days in December for either sex. Shotguns only, 20 gauge or larger.

There are also fairly extended longbow and crossbow seasons but I'm not familiar with those details.

Spence

North Carolina Turkey season is spring only
April 9-May 7 (basically the same every spring)
Limit 2, bearded turkeys only
No rifles or pistols, smoothbore/shotguns only
No minimum gauge but nothing larger than 10ga

In AZ it is no rifles, or larger than 10 gauge, no cutoff on smaller gauges.

Seven days beginning of Oct for firearms . . . starts Aug 20 - Sept 9 ends Bow and Crossbow.

Must have General license $32.25 + a Turkey tag of $25.50 which is by draw, unless your a junior (under 18) Limit of one turkey per year any gender.

Here You could start during archery season down south in August and hunt through the end of gun season January. Then a 5 week spring season that starts in March. Allowed 2 turks per year.
Non resident turkey tags go for $100 :shocked2: But it is the only place you can take a Osceola, so they kinda have the people after a grand slam by the short hairs. :v

I think ours is a month, April to May, shotguns only, not over 10 ga.
In the fall I think there's another month, with the same requirements

Ky: Yeah, what Spence said!

Added some finishing touches to the painting I have been working on (3rd gobbler peeking over). Can't wait for the redbuds and dogwoods!

WessV_The_Showdown.JPG

Gonna hit Kansas again for a few days prior to Ky and am already getting stoked! I don't know WHY I do this so early. :surrender:

Good luck!
Wess

Wow...you must have a good turkey population with a season limit of 5...ours is just 2 and that's probably over-reaching.

In New Mexico its one of the few critters we do not have to draw a tag for.

It goes April 15 to May 15 one Bearded turkey in Most Units and a second in some of the others.

Shotguns shooting shot and Archery only.

I try not to think turkeys too early or I go crazy!!!!!

There are a few units with fall seasons but its pretty limited.

Back