• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

turkey time

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Turkey season opens April 14 in Arkansas. But, it sure looks like turkey time already. My backyard has had quite a bit of turkey activity already. Twice today toms with two hens have come into the yard and the big toms are strutting big time. Very exciting to watch. My fowler is out of the safe and temptingly handy. :shocked2:
Enuf said. :wink:
I'm getting my camera out and will try to get some good pics of ole Tom strutting.

Rifleman1776 said:
Turkey season opens April 14 in Arkansas. But, it sure looks like turkey time already. My backyard has had quite a bit of turkey activity already. Twice today toms with two hens have come into the yard and the big toms are strutting big time. Very exciting to watch. My fowler is out of the safe and temptingly handy. :shocked2:
Enuf said. :wink:
I'm getting my camera out and will try to get some good pics of ole Tom strutting.

I'm gettin the jitters and taking it out on the non muzzleloading fourum.
we don't start until april 14th, have been antler picking.
doing well will post pics later next week.

Would love to see some pics Rifleman :thumbsup: . Ours started thurs the 15th. I've worked 1 longbeard so far an lets just say he has played the game before :cursing:

saw a nice gobbler last nite coming home from work in a clear cut in the woods. problem is...no hunt zone :shake: ...Bud

Ours starts April 25th and I can't wait!

Heard a Gobbler behind the house a couple days ago. The look on my face must have been priceless! :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:

Skychief.

Gobbling their heads off here in Southern, Illinois.

Got this picture the other day on trail cam. Just above this gobbler's tail it looks like another gobbler dusting himself. I know there's a big dust bowl right where that red, blue and black is.

CedarStrutter1z.jpg

Ah man! You guys are killin me dammit! I'm going to miss out on another turkey season this year. I'm scheduled for rotor cuff surgery April 2nd and will be out of action for a while. :(

Sorry to hear that, Swampy!

Not 'til April 28 here in PA. This might be a weird season with everything all greened up... who knows, the temps might be in the 90's by then!

Back