• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkeys soon. Warm and fuzzy ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody else getting a warm and fuzzy feeling because turkey season is getting closer and closer? :applause: I know that I can't wait. Anybody doing any turkey patterning yet?

I knew I wasn't the only one thinking about the upcoming turkey season! :haha: I have been practicing the slate call lately but no patterning. I can't hunt turkey with a muzzleloader here since I don't own a shotgun because there too expensive for me at the moment. And we can't hunt with rifles so I can't hunt with a muzzleloader at all. I have to use my pump shotgun but it's still a huge challenge since I consider myself lucky if I even see a turkey in the distance during season. Plus this year for my youth season which is Easter weekend I will be going by myself being my own caller which normally my dad calls for me but I called one in after turkey season last year so I want to try it during season.

You bet!
Ct FINALLY moved the season a week or so earlier into April.
My 20 ga. NSW is all set and patterned. Can't wait! :haha:

Starting to see the bachelor groups breaking up and spreading out around here (North Central Ohia). Wish there was a ML rifle season here.
R

Skychief said:
Anybody else getting a warm and fuzzy feeling because turkey season is getting closer and closer? :applause: I know that I can't wait. Anybody doing any turkey patterning yet?

My .36 Tennessee Rifle "Shadowmaker" patterns real well...under an inch at 50 yards :haha: Hope to get first flintlock gobbler in March :hatsoff:

This past Tuesday morning I woke up with a mild case of turkey fever. I cleaned and waxed my fowler (as if it needed it) checked my flint for sharpness, made certain the jaws were tight around it. Cleaned up my calls, chalked the sound board on my old box call. Made sure everything in my shot pouch was there. No sense in taking chances of not being prepared for opening day in April. I watched a few Knight & Hale turkey hunting video's I got for Christmas. I was pumped and ready to hear those old toms gobbling their little pea brained heads off. I could smell the sweet morning air of Spring in Kentucky, see the redbuds bloomed out, see the little daisies poked up through the leaves on the forest floor. Yep I had it bad. This morning we've got 6" of fresh powder on the ground, winds blowing like crazy and its cold on the western most boundry of the Transylvania Colonie. Sort of a cold shower to ward off the turkey cramps. Only 70 more days til April 10th. But who's counting?
Tom Black
Cantucky

Ooops! In Kentucky turkey season comes in the 17th of April and not the 10th. Starting next year it will come in on the 2nd. Satrd. of April. Sorry.
Tom Black
Cantucky

I am getting really excited for turkey season! Has to be my favorite thing to hunt. This week hopefully Im going to get out with my smooth bore and do some patterning.

Kirk

Drew a permit for April 14-18 in Wisconsin...get'n the itch already :grin:

Back