• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

U.S. made sleeping bag?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allan Gray

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been looking ahead to my Fall Idaho hunt and realized that I'm over due for a new sleeping bag.
I'm not after anything P.C., or designed to weather an Everest summit...just a sturdy product.
I'll either be in a wall tent or a camper.

As always, I look for American made products, but searching for a sleeping bag always yields the words "imported". I got to wondering, is there an American made sleeping bag at all? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your input.

Honestly, unless you are packing in and have weight issues, I think that a couple of wool Witney blankets inside a canvas shell will keep you warmer, and be more versatile as well.
I gave up my Woods bag for the above and have slept warm in below zero temps in Nov. here. Very comfortable.

I use Mil Surplus. I think they are all US made. I use the USAF cold weather bags, they seem to work the best.

Thanks for all the ideas guys.

I had over looked the idea of Mil surplus. In fact my buddy likes his old Army bag. He used to sleep under the stars next to the fire.
2 years ago during the same Idaho trip we found him one morning with his sleeping bag covered with frost and fresh moose tracks next to his head...slept in the tent ever since. :haha:

Wiggy's also looks good! 'Didn't know these places exsisted.

I have a -5 degree "Caribou" bag that has served me well for 15 years from the Islands of the great Lakes to the Rocky Mountains. It was/is? made in the USA. :thumbsup:

R.D.Pascoe said:
Wiggy's are made in Colorado, U.S. of A. I own several :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rusty
+1 on Wiggy's. Love mine and going to get more for the wife and kids.
Dan

I've got several, but my favorite is my Big Agnes sleeping bag and REM pad. The bag has a sleeve in the bottom that holds the pad. Can't slip off it like you do with most pads, and the insulation is fantastic. The company is in Colorado Springs. I heartily recommend their stuff.

Back