• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

under the ball cushion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For gooooness sake , don't use[url] grits...ain[/url]'t no use wasting good grits or cornpone material. Why not use that there yankee cream o wheat or sumpin like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
All that stuff is good but if you want to win the contest use WHEATIES it's the cereal of champions :: :bull:

Dont know,aint never tried corn meal.I usally shoot a thick denuim patch,tried lighten up the lube and got burn holes so i used some thick canvas over the powder,shoot decent.decided to try some .010 precut with the same lube i use in the pistol for the buffer patch,shot better.Then i got brave and put a .010 over the powder and a .010 around the .530 ball and it shot better than the thick patch.I went all the way to 120grs of 2f goex and it still shot great even with a real stiff wind.Was getting 1 inch to 1and a half at 50 yards off the hood of the old ford truck usen my elbows for a rest.Never thought a .010 patch could ever give me them groups with that heavy powder load.Next time out im trying the .015s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back