• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unique? Patch ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trdixon1

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Due to a baby, my wife's health condition, and job situation muzzle loading has taken a back seat this past year. I'm getting back to it and I'm noticing that a lot of my ballistol lubed patch have dried out in what I thought was air tight zip luck bags.

Question 1: Can I re-lube these patches and use them?

Question 2: I've also found a patch lube combo. What affect would taking a DRIED out patch that was lubed with a 1/6 ratio and re-lubing it to a 1/7 ballistol/water ratio have on consistency?

Shhh don't tell no body...I done it before..

Just pay attention to everything during your range session. Recover your patches and look them over good.

Try a few, recover the patches and check them. Some people insist the prelubeing with ballistol will weaken the patches after a time. Others don't agree. So try and see what works for you. :idunno:

Back