• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Vacation's over...done with deer season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
The past 2 weeks vacation have been good ones...had great weather, got everything done I wanted to do this season...ie: bloodied the new Flintlock, got a couple bucks, and had the added benefit of being able to shoot a couple Does, giving all 4 deer to a needy family that is really down on their luck.
Supposed to be a good weather day tomorrow so I'll probably pull the ladder stand and get it in out of the elements now.

Hope everybody had / has as good a time as I've had...

:thumbsup:

Wow, done already? Glad it goes to families that need it. Good on you!

I was just texting my nephew (the only way to communicate with young people) about setting up a deer/coyote hunt. But I have to wait for our m/l season in December. The only problem is whether I can take my truck to the property because the roads turn into snow mobile trails when snow flies........

Roundball, you had a great season! I'll just be getting started next weekend. Hopefully, I'll finally christen my own TVM Virginia on a buck or doe!

Trench said:
Roundball, you had a great season! I'll just be getting started next weekend. Hopefully, I'll finally christen my own TVM Virginia on a buck or doe!

I know you will...post some photos of some hunts...Does, Bucks, doesn't matter when you're trying to do it like the settler's did it

Trench said:

hope you have the season Roundball had ....good luck!

Great season.Is it tree rat time now that the heavy work is done? :grin:

DON"T PULL THAT STAND !

Since it is a hot spot, I will be there by Tuesday to try my luck in your hot spot. :)

You have done well my friend.

roundball said:
Hope everybody had / has as good a time as I've had...

I hope so too. Your season was outstanding. :hatsoff:
This darn waiting is the hardest part. :shake:
I still have 2 deer seasons (non-ML and starting in 2 weeks) to go before I try and christen my new rifle.And that's a month from now. :(

Thanks for sharing...Awesome season there Roundball! enjoyed all the hunting posts..Love the pic's and stories...It's enough to make a guy itch!...Gun season here starts the 20th...Now what to use? .62,.58 or .54 ??? :hmm:

410-er said:
Great season.Is it tree rat time now that the heavy work is done? :grin:

That's the plan..."Phase 1" is complete...Phase #2 is switching to #5's for a couple morning walks for squirrels...don't have many in my area but maybe I'll get lucky :hmm:

Back