• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

very green

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishhunt

Pilgrim
Reaction score
hi all, i just signed up, and im a hoping to learn from yall. im as green as can be.i dont know my ear from my elbow,but im giving strong consideration to buying a bp hunting rifle. most likely 2, one for me and one for my brother (gift). he has been thinking about it for the past 2 years

Welcome to the best forum on the good ol'[url] www.com[/url]. We try to give the best advice possible to all the newcomers so that they may enjoy our sport. (Try is the operative word.) There are a lot of very smart people here. Unfortunately, I are not 1 off dem. But pull up a stump and pop a squat. Listen up, you may learn something. When you feel the time is right, jump on in there and tell us what you are doing. We will be glad to listen.

Welcome to the fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishhunt - Welcome Aboard! You've come to the right place to ask questions, learn, have fun, and post YOUR experiences with this fascinating world we call "muzzleloading" :D Right friendly folks here have helped me learn a lot....I've graduated from being a percussion newbie to a flintlock newbie :: Enjoy the Muzzleloading Forum :grey:

Them thar smoke poles, be a way of life.

No one buys just one :)

You have been warned!!!

Now the hard part, what ever type/style will you buy.

Pull up a stump and sit a spell.....

fishhunt,
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you
with us. Lots of friendly folks here to help with your
B/P questions. Don't hesitate to ask your questions,
we were all 'green' at one time. Hope you will
contribute whenever you can.
Again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :thumbsup:

theres alot of great knowledgeable people on this site everyone knows something about something you should get on chat at 8 30 tonight bye :front:

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Glad you came aboard, but heed my warning....Run, young man, run. Flee from this nasty habit. Blackpowder is more addictive to some of us than the most evil of narcotics. First, you'll buy a factory weapon. Then you'll start wanting to build a kit. Then you'll start thinking about buying components and building a custom. And when you start making your own components, you'll know that you've hit rock bottom. And if that's not bad enough, you'll probably want to start going to rendezvous.

A bp junkie is a lonely sort in most places. They look at you funny at the public range. You'll have to seek out the places where the other bp junkies hang out. You'll frequently smell like burnt sulpher.

I LOVE IT !!!!!

Again, welcome aboard.

thats so true i like it too we are a differant breed us bp nuts they do look at you funny and you dont feel like you fit in unless your at a rondevous
:youcrazy: :hatsoff:

Fishhunt :{{

thanks fur stopin by der fire , ( we ) for the most part are a friendly bunch , and enjoy the company of others green or seasoned! feel free to jump right in when you feel like doin so... throw another log on the fire while yur sittin there

i thank all for the very warm welcome,some times us city folk can be a bit overwelmed by such great hospitality, and im used to feelin outta place (sample) I camp near millwaukee wi. and listen to the Oh Brother soundtrack, while drinkin from a jug with XXX on it come's to mind. :thanks:

Hello and welcome, fish:

I've been up in your neck of the woods a few times and from what I've seen they probably DO look at you a little funny listening to that soundtrack. I bet they want to share that jug o' XXX though!

Also welcome to the world of front loading firearms. If you gotta have an addiction (or is it affliction?) this is the one to have.

jack

You don't know your ear from your elbow. Well, sit down by the fire and we'll teach you. Depending on receptive you are to learning from old farts (or how naive you are), you can learn enough here to become the Master of the Universe. :crackup: More seriously, welcome to the forum and enjoy yourself here. We certainly do.

We welcome everyone, even those from that foreign country of Chicago. :crackup:
There's a great bunch here. Enjoy and join in.

Back