• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Vincent Rifle in North Carolina!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks I have never posted in the percussion thread
because I am a hard core flinter. But this don't mean I can't spot beauty in the cap lock form!
I went to visit Todd Carpenter a riflesmith in Lincolnton NC. I had reports about the Vincent Rifle he had build so I took along my wee camera.

It is Vincent head to toe with features from both Father & Son. It has a 41 inch long barrel in 36 caliber. Cast pewter plate behind the lock to protect the stock from cap flash and the front sight is inlet in the barrel not dovetailed, both of these are Vincent features. engraved inlays high degree of engraving on the metal surfaces. For some reason my camera would not pick up the
Vincent "squiggly" line on the edge of the cast pewter nose cap.
Youall enjoy!

100_0562.jpg

100_0563.jpg

100_0564.jpg

100_0565.jpg

100_0570.jpg

100_0566.jpg

Wow what a piece of work there. What a beauty. What kind of price does one get for somthin like that ?

Woodworkers- Is the fiddleback, tiger in the stock done with a brush, feather, etc.? Is it
ink or a stain of some sort?

I have a wooden box that I keep my black powder
"stuff" in that goes to the range/club with me.
I'd like to try decking it out somewhat like the
stock on this Vincent Rifle.

Thanks David

That looks like genuine curly maple by the photos. Some guys who build Lemans do false tiger striping but I don't know how.

Marmotslayer- it looks killer good regardless. If it is real fiddleback maple it may have a very light stain on it to bring out the tiger. Correct,
in looking over certain custom made reproductions the ad honestly states that the grain has been embelished by the craftsman.

Certain shotguns have a fiddleback pattern added to their walnut stocks.

Thanks David

Hello fellow BP shooters,
Todd Carpenter here.I am new to this sight,never
been on a forum,can't type worth hoot so y'all
will have to overlock my writeing skills.
Yes that stock is real curly mapple I did use a
light stain that I mixed myself.
Thank You All for all the great coments
Thanks,Todd

Todd Carpenter made this Vincent for me. If it isn't the best Vincent repro out there it's at least equal to the best.

Please be assured... The curl is in the wood.

Haven't got my hands on this rifle as yet but am anxious to do so.

Regards,

Chris Barker

Latest posts

Back