• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Virginia general firearms season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raider2000

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well my fellow Virginians, it is here.

The General Firearms Season & the Blaze orange is out but my question to all of my brothers of the smoke.

Who among us will be taking a muzzleloader out tomorow &/or during the general firearms season?

I don't live in Virginia but our season comes in tomorrow also and if it doesn't pour down rain this is what I will be using!!!

DSC02550.jpg

DSC02548.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

I have always used a percussion so I'm pretty pumped about using the flinter.
Longball 58

A nice peace of a smokepole. So I wish you Waidmanns Heil during your hunts. :thumbsup:

Regards

Kirrmeister

A very nice map and the weapon is so so! Just kiddin' The gun looks super. Good luck during your season.
Dusty

It's a map drawn on a deerskin, Don Kammerer made it and it laid on his counter in his booth at Friendship for many years, you can see the wear marks along the edges. Every time I post a photo with this as the backdrop I get more comments on the map than the gun, but thats ok I think it's pretty cool too!
BTW it rained pretty hard this morning and the wind blew 25 to 35 mph so I took a percussion, only saw a couple of does.
Longball 58

You mean there are other guns to hunt with?

I use my 50 or 45 during all rifle seasons. Have not sighted in the 54 yet.

For the first day, I had gotten brave & taken my Bow instead of my .50 but like you longball58 it rained prety much the whole time or it was pretty harsh winds, I did see 5 Does & a Spiker though.

Our General deer season is over, I did not draw a ML tag, Squirrel season is finished, except for a trip of two after Grouse and MT.Quail, I must live vicariously through you guys

Back