• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Walker Horse Pistol, Good For Squirel Hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted W. Coombs

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I spent most of the month of Aug. trying to find a good load for the horse pistol contest on the Forum. Came up with a pretty good round ball load at 18-20 yards on a sand bag rest. :thumbsup:

Shots.jpg

Being it is squirel season thought I would give the Walker a try.

squirlgun.jpg

First shot resting on the side of the tree missed but I bet not by much. Anyway, the squirel ran up to the top of the tree and jumped into another small oak tree. He hesitated long enough for me to get the sights on him and I fired another shot off hand and brought him down. :grin: After shooting the Walker the month of Aug. I feel more confident with my ability, the Walker sure done it's part. :thumbsup: It was a young squirel and should make good squirel biscuits and gravey. I sure enjoyed doing the horse pistol contest. :grin: :grin:

Teton Ted

Can't have more fun than hunting squirrel with a cap n ball revolver. My favorite is a 61 Navy .36, but I still have a month and a half to wait for the season to come in. Lots of summer fun, too, stalking groundhogs along the fence rows.

Nice shooting, but the Walker is a bit of overkill for squirrels. It was originally used to kill horses.

I would think it would have no problem with deer.

Back