• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wall Gun Display

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While browsing the forum a while back I saw someone's wall gun display...but my searches have been in vain to find that photo again. I'd like to make something similar: it had two vertical pieces of wood (left and right) which had longer wood pegs sticking out from it to hold the gun. (It might have been Zonie, but I'm not positive).

Anyway, I'd be interested in how you hang your guns on the wall in the hopes of finding something fairly simple and functional...with perhaps some pointers. (Don't really want to do the Ted Cash hangers.)

Thanks!

Pretty simple actually, I keep my guns in a safe, but if you want to leave them out, hang them so they are horizontal and not Pawn Shop vertical and can't be seen from the outside of a window or close to one as well!

JMHO
Rick

I had some hooks made by a former member of this site. You can see one in this pic of my horn. I've since replaced the screws with some better-looking, unplayed screws.

2012-02-03142001.jpg

Rather than buy an expensive gun safe. I believe "out of sight is out of mind". I don't display my guns, I keep them hidden! :idunno: :idunno:

Robby

Damn....I dont even have a rack like that in my wildest dreams. Awsome.

To all the above, simply WOW! :shocked2: :hatsoff: After bucking up some Juniper I had me an idear... I found a branch with a decent off shoot, sliced the branch in half, removed the bark, and screwed two of those to the wall. Holds the repro mighty nice, and it didn't cost me a dime..

I went really simple with mine and let the guns be the focus. 2-1x4s with, routed edges run from from floor ceiling with simple dowels cut into pins and inserted into slightly angled holes every 9 (I think) inches. I didn't remeasure the distance between the pins but you can easily lay your guns on the floor and mesure for the the average distance between then. That's what I did, hope this helps. And just as Horner said, I was careful to keep them out of sight form outside. And to Robby's collection all i can say is :bow:

IMG_3856.jpg

I would love to display some of my firearms however I am too scared in this day and age to keep them anywhere other than a locked safe. It,s a shame it has come to that. But that being said those are some beautiful displays on this page, My wife would be jealous if she knew thats what I was dreaming of every night when I lay down in bed !

In response to fisher and to keeping the guns locked away, I did that for years but over time I developed more philosophical attitude about it. I decided that although many of the guns in my little collection are hand made, I do have insurance and with time can replace them. Plus I want to see and enjoy them. Plus I don't think any of them are ever going to actually be used to commit a crime. So I just decided what-the-heck, let's see them. :)

Well your right, unlike most modern firearms these hand made rifles and fowlers truly are works of art. And as such it does seem a shame to keep them locked up and out of sight. They should be shared and appreaciated . I will admit I drag mine out and show them off to almost everyone that walks through the door !

Back