• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wall gunning again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinghewitt

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Took my wall gun to the clay shoot this morning, finally found someone who could hold it straight :thumbsup:

My powder measure drops 60 gns and my shot measure drops an ounce and a quarter so those are the units. 4 of powder over 4 of shot was bearable, 5 over 5 tended to make people drop the gun and bits fall off the trees, 6 over 6 made my finger go numb but I am pleased to report it now just hurts so no permanent damage done :rotf:

This is a 4 over 4

wallmaster.jpg

This is me shooting a 5 over 5 :thumbsup:

wallmaster2.jpg

Didn't get a pic of the 6 over 6.

Squire Robin,
You are either a very brave man or a glutton for punishment. :bow: In my late middle age here I no longer feel that I must absorb all that recoil. :redface: However, I never tire of seeing you perform masochistic rituals with your large bores. :rotf: Thanks for the pictures, and all the FIRE! :hatsoff: Reminds me of the pics of the 16 inchers being fired on the US battlships, hee, hee! :shocked2:
God bless.
volatpluvia

Great pics, but did you HIT any clays? I just came back from the range where I tried my .410 pistol on clays, broke about as many as I missed, and sure had FUN!

Squire Robin said:
Took my wall gun to the clay shoot this morning, finally found someone who could hold it straight :thumbsup:

My powder measure drops 60 gns and my shot measure drops an ounce and a quarter so those are the units. 4 of powder over 4 of shot was bearable, 5 over 5 tended to make people drop the gun and bits fall off the trees, 6 over 6 made my finger go numb but I am pleased to report it now just hurts so no permanent damage done :rotf:

This is a 4 over 4

wallmaster.jpg

This is me shooting a 5 over 5 :thumbsup:

wallmaster2.jpg

Didn't get a pic of the 6 over 6.

:shocked2: :shocked2: WOW! :shocked2: :shocked2:
Soggy

CoyoteJoe said:
Great pics, but did you HIT any clays?

I don't know, I didn't look :thumbsup:

I'd love to try that fourten pistol with clays but it would be totally illegal :shocked2:

Come on Robin... those are stills off a video camera. Are you holding out on us. :hmm: :grin:

Slowpoke said:
Come on Robin... those are stills off a video camera. Are you holding out on us. :hmm: :grin:

It's not a very good video, the camera microphone couldn't cope with the bang. The gun kicks high, slips off my shoulder but I recover. Looking at the way I put it down and shake my hand this has to be the 6 over six shot, 7.5 ounces over 360 grains. I didn't try that again :nono:

Don't you wish it was England 1940 - you could have taken on the Luftwaffe single-handed.

I think you'd want to lighten the load a bit for that #8 high house target. But it looks like your swing is fast enough. :hatsoff:

Nice one Robin! Very impressive. You should recover with the minimum of physio.

Squire Robin said:
CoyoteJoe said:
Great pics, but did you HIT any clays?
I don't know, I didn't look :thumbsup:

The gunn shoots a 25 pound bag of shot at once, you couldn't see because the all that shot eclisped the sun... (wish I was there) :thumbsup:

Squire Robin said:
Took my wall gun to the clay shoot this morning, finally found someone who could hold it straight

Looks like he is only using a one finger trigger pull as well...
:grin: (not that I could do better) :hatsoff:

wallmaster2.jpg

I see in the second image the shockwave is just beginning to tear the jacket off your torso.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

When you want to knock down a deer ~ use a deer gun.

When you want to knock down a wall . . .

Good ol' Slowpoke has hosted the movie if you have the bandwidth to download a 6 Meg file :thumbsup:

The camera microphone couldn't handle the bang but I do like the bit where Roger shoots a chunk out of the tree when his swing gets slightly out of control :rotf:

Movie 6Mb

Squire Robin!
I love it! :bow: The gonne was definately handling the man! :blah: Haw Haw! Thanks for sharing that with us. :grin: I never tire of looking at such events. Love all that FIRE! :shocked2:
God bless.
volatpluvia

Latest posts

Back