• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Waterfowl loads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkin’

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I found this old pic today. That’s me in ‘89 or ‘90 with my New Englander. Shot geese, ducks, grouse, squirrels and rabbits over my beagles with it.
I just picked up a Pedersoli 10 gauge double. I was wondering if anyone uses one for waterfowl and had some suggestions for loads? It’ll be decoyed ducks and geese. Thanks

Attachments

• E51C5E45-8BC6-4641-BA2A-0FBEDDEAA3C0.jpeg
    E51C5E45-8BC6-4641-BA2A-0FBEDDEAA3C0.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 23
Here is what I use in my Brown Bess or my 10 gauge double. Neither of these guns are choked.

90 grns ffg, heavy card stock over powder, 110 Steel T shot (I made a fixed volumetric measure that gives this amount of T shot), thin card over shot. This load is Solid on geese out to 40 yrds.

For ducks, I use the same basic load, but the T shot volume is replaced by either steel 4 shot or steel 5 shot, and shots are limited to 30 to 35 yrds.

Here is what I use in my Brown Bess or my 10 gauge double. Neither of these guns are choked.

90 grns ffg, heavy card stock over powder, 110 Steel T shot (I made a fixed volumetric measure that gives this amount of T shot), thin card over shot. This load is Solid on geese out to 40 yrds.

For ducks, I use the same basic load, but the T shot volume is replaced by either steel 4 shot or steel 5 shot, and shots are limited to 30 to 35 yrds.
Resurrecting this to ask,

Have you noticed any issues with the steel scrubbing your bores?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back