• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well I did try,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tried twice over two days to get my first canada goose but failed. When they were in shot I did'nt give enough lead and the second day they were to high.
I shall keep my eye on them and reach for the ML if they show promise.
I did enjoy myself spending the time watching darkness fall and the dowsings of heavy showers plus I did make smoke all the same :grin:
I did get this fox cub though at 20yds face on so not the best of positions.
mlfox.jpg

Pedersoli double 12 with 1 1/2oz of no1s and 3/4 the volume of 3fff. Three cards+paper shot cup+ one OS card.

Britsmoothy.

Maybe in S. America, or Africa. Not anywhere in N. America, that I know about. The Migratory Waterfowl Act is an International Agreement with Mexico, the USA, and Canada. There may be other Central American countries that also have signed onto the Pact, but I have only heard of these three being discussed. The reason Crows are no longer treated as varmints, and have bounties paid for them by counties is because Mexico insisted that these (somewhat) migratory birds be also protected. Apparently, Crows are a protein source in the poorer mountain areas of Mexico.

It may be that Mexico has not limited the use of lead shot to shoot migratory waterfowl. I just have not given it much attention after lead was banned here in the USA for use in shooting waterfowl. I speculate only because Mexico does not ban lead shot for shooting dove, the other species covered by the Act, or, obviously, Crows. And, as a result, lead shot is not banned for shooting crows and doves in most jurisdictions in the USA. I was told by a Canadian that Canada followed the US by banning the use of lead shot for ducks and geese there, too.

I dunno...just a guess here mind you but goin by his handle and holding a red fox, I say he's on an Island east of me!

Now then fellers, I am indeed east somewhat from you guys and I never said what the 1s are made of now did I and I trust this is a sportsmans forum and not a police chat line :blah:

Britsmoothy.

No, I think they thought you were using lead shoot instead of steel or non-toxic for waterfowl. He said he didnt use enough "lead" as in shooting in front of a flying bird guys not as in the lead we use in PRB. Hope this clears it up.

Back