• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

went huntig today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck C

32 Cal.
Reaction score
100_0024.jpg

Mule deer doe with my old .58 Buffalo Hunter I bought in 1968.

Grats Chuck! :hatsoff:
I love the shootin' bag! I'd be scairt to carry it during deer season, but it is cool.

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil from Germany!

Please tell us something about the charge, distance and point of hit.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Nice job, whats the matter you couldn't find a critter to hold the camera for ya so you could get in there too?

Enjoy!

Billy

The load was a .575 round ball patched with .015 thick pillow ticking lubed with bore butter and 90 grains of pyrodex RS. This load shoots very well in this gun. I shot minie balls in it because it has 3 wide lands for rifling so I didn't think it would shoot a patched ball very well, but it is the most accurate load I have tried in it. The minie balls I have used in it would just slide down the barrel from their own weight I never trusted them to stay down on the powder. Perhaps I should try Lee's oversize minie.

Back